Face Lift Prior To Surgery
Prior to Face Lift Surgery
Proper preparation for facelift surgery is essential for ensuring a positive experience. If you are a patient of Joseph T Cruise, MD, please follow the instructions below.
- Avoid sunbathing for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Quit smoking at least 6 weeks prior to surgery as nicotine can impair and delay healing. If this is a problem be sure to alert Joseph T Cruise, MD.
- Stop all aspirin containing products, medications that contain blood thinners (Motrin, Advil etc.) vitamin E and herbal supplements 2 weeks prior to surgery. You can take 1 multivitamin a day.
- Make sure all requested labs and doctor's clearance are delivered to Joseph T Cruise, MD's office on time.
- If you color your hair it is recommended to do that just prior to surgery as you will not be able to color your hair until 4 weeks after your operation.
THINGS TO PURCHASE BEFORE SURGERY
- Garment- will be provided at first post-op visit.
- ScarLess®. ScarLess® is a prescription strength cream with vitamin E, silicone and Hydrocortisone to help minimize redness and elevation of the scars. You can purchase ScarLess at our office.
- Gauze. Make sure to have a box of 4x4 gauze. You can purchase at drug store.
- Hydrocortisone Cream 1% - over the counter at any drug store.
1. Arnica - www.alpinepharm.com (888) 746-3224 - may decrease bruising, or help it to go away faster. Patients with high blood pressure should not take this herb.
- Do note eat anything for 8 hours and drink for 6 hours before surgery.
- You may brush and rinse your teeth, but do not eat or drink anything.
- Shower and shampoo your hair dry, if possible pull it back into a pony tail.
- Cleanse your face and especially your ears. Do not wear makeup or moisturizers on your face or eyes. Men should shave their face.
- Do not bring any jewelry or valuables with you on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Wear flat, comfortable shoes. Remove contact lenses, dentures and all jewelry.
- Someone must drive you home and stay with you the first night.
- Take 2 pills of Zofran and 2 pills of Celebrex at 1-2 hours before your surgery.
- Bring all your prescribed medications to the surgery center if you are staying over night.
- Arrive 1-1.5 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time as instructed at your pre-op.