Excellence in Orange County Breast Lift
See Your Journey In Exquisite Detail
Breast Lift Overview
Breast tissue - Very little to significant
Nipple position - centered on breast to below breast fold and at the bottom of the breast
Chest fold shape - flat, rounded, wide, cone
Most common demographic: any female desiring aesthetic improvement of their breasts. Breast lifts are most frequently performed on women who have gone through pregnancy/breast feeding. Aging, weight loss and genetics are other factors that contribute to the need for a breast lift.
Examples of breast shapes and sizes before surgery
Facility: Accredited outpatient surgical facility
Recovery: Back to work 3- 7 days, longer if job is strenuous.
Cost: Price ranges from $14,500 to $18,500 depending on the type of lift (donut, anchor, lollipop) and if other procedures are added on such as a reduction or breast implants.
Cruise Plastic Surgery accepts the following forms of payment:
- All major credit cards
- Financing: Prosper Lending, Care Credit, Alphaeon Credit
Breast Lift Specialization Overview
Dr. Joseph T. Cruise is a breast lift specialist and board-certified in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience performing all types of breast lifts with or without augmentation. He and his professional staff have created this breast lift resource for women in Newport Beach and the surrounding areas who are looking for all the information they need about aesthetic breast surgery. In addition, the staff at Cruise Plastic Surgery provides you with many before and after breast lift pictures, so that you can see the results for yourself.
Overview of Breast Lift / Mastopexy
Women in Orange County, like women all over the world, usually suffer the affects of one or more of the following: child birth, breast feeding, weight loss and/or weight gain, and aging. In Orange County areas such as Laguna Beach or Newport Beach you may notice many women have chosen to undergo cosmetic surgery to counteract changes to their breasts. Although some women choose to have breast augmentation in addition to lifting, some find that the breast lift alone is enough to make them feel better about how their breasts look.
Youthful breast tissue has more elasticity because of the stretchy connective ligaments that hold the breast in a perky, nipple-forward position. Over time, and especially after having children, these ligaments stretch, causing more mature breasts to sag. Breast lift surgery is the only permanent solution for improving shape, volume, and perkiness.
The industry term for a breast lift is a mastopexy. It includes procedures that correct a number of common complaints such as:
- Nipples that begin to point downward
- Lack of fullness in the upper breast
- Lack of cleavage and breast closeness
- Loss of breast volume
- Increase in breast volume
- Increase in skin laxity causing breast sag
- Lack of shape
Cruise Classification System
Joseph T Cruise, MD created this Cruise Classification system to visually represent the 7 primary breast shapes and the coinciding recommended procedure for each.
Design Your Look
Joseph T Cruise, MD designed the "Look You Want" interactive diagram below to help his patients visually demonstrate what they want their breasts to look like after breast lift surgery.
Click the images below to select the look you want in each category and complete the submission process. You will be contacted by one of Joseph T Cruise, MD's consultants after your selections are reviewed. You can also click TLIW in PDF format to print for your own use.
The Look You Have
Click the graphic below to find and select the image which most closely represents the "Look You Have" now. You will then be given an idea of which procedure you may need.
Get started now!
Joseph T Cruise, MD will work with you to determine the best surgical plan to obtain your desired result. He will take into consideration the "Look You Have" and the "Look You Want," along with your body shape, and breast measurements.
Two questions to ask yourself -
- Are you happy with the volume of breast tissue that you have but want your breasts lifted back where they once were? If so, then a lift alone is probably all that is necessary.
- Do you want to lift your breasts, but also want a somewhat more dramatic effect, then a lift with augmentation may be more appropriate. This will be discussed in more detail below.
Breast Lift Incision Placement
The most common Breast Lift incisions used by Joseph T Cruise, MD:
- Donut - placed around the entire areola
- Lollipop - donut w/ a line down the front of the breast from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease
- Anchor - donut w/ lollipop and vertical line in the breast crease
Minimizing breast lift scarring
Women do not want scars that make their breasts look “operated on,” and as an experienced, skilled Orange County cosmetic surgeon, Joseph T Cruise, MD goes to great effort to minimize scarring. He puts meticulous detail into closing breast lift incisions in addition to using surgical tape for approx. 3 months to reduce tension, so the scars are more likely to remain thin and flat.
Breast Lift Incisions
Breast Lift with Augmentation
Many of our breast lift patients at Cruise Plastic Surgery choose to take the opportunity that plastic surgery provides to not only regain the look and feel their breasts had in their youth, but to enhance them beyond their previous appearance. By choosing to have breast augmentation, in addition to a breast lift, women can make their breasts larger, fuller, and more shapely than they’ve ever been, therefore experiencing a whole new look and sense of enjoyment with their breasts. Joseph T Cruise, MD provides many before and after pictures of breast lift patients with and without augmentation, so his potential patients can see exactly what results to expect from both procedures.
Breast Implant Placement
Implants can be placed in three different ways:
- Subglandular implant is placed on top of the muscle and under the breast tissue (gland) only.
- Partial Muscle Coverage, a.k.a. Dual Plane. Only part of the implant is covered by the muscle.
- Complete Muscle Coverage - the entire implant is covered by the muscle.
Joseph T Cruise, MD's preferred placement method is Complete Muscle Coverage. For more information about this technique, visit: Complete vs. Partial Muscle Coverage
Understanding Implant Placement
When breast augmentation was first performed, the common technique was to place breast implants above the muscle. Over time surgeons determined it would be better to place implants below the pec major muscle to avoid incidences of capsular contracture, rippling, and an "implanted look." This muscle placement technique has become the preferred method for most plastic surgeons. Most patients do not realize "under the muscle" does not actually mean the implant is fully under the muscle, rather half the implant is not covered. A more appropriate term for this technique is partial muscle coverage.
Advantages of Complete Muscle Coverage with Breast Sculpting
- Desired breast shape. Greater ability to obtain the shape you want
- Improved scarring. Breast sculpting reduces incision tension which is the main cause of poor scarring.
- Improved breast shape. More youthful and perky.
- Improved upper breast fullness. Implant is properly positioned on chest. Shape can be sloped or defined and anywhere in between. Completely customizable.
- Improved cleavage. Outer muscles hold implant closer to mid-line.
- Control of implant. Chances of implant sliding into arm pit or bottoming out greatly reduced secondary to muscle support.
- Lower chance of breast sag. Much less likely as potential sag tissue is removed as part of sculpting process.
- Little to no implant rippling. Significantly reduced or eliminated.
- Less likely to feel implant through skin. Muscle coverage adds another layer of protection.
- Ability to use saline with fewer issues: Enhanced muscle coverage often allows saline implants to be an equal or better option than silicone implants.
- Likely decreased chance of capsular contracture (cc). Partial muscle coverage decreases cc. Full muscle coverage appears to decrease it even more. Research in progress.
Partial vs. Complete Muscle Coverage
Complete muscle coverage
Complete lateral coverage of implant
Complete muscle coverage
Complete muscle coverage
Better cleavage as muscle prevent implants from sliding
Partial muscle coverage
50% of implant uncovered
Partial muscle coverage
Partial muscle coverage
The surgical timeline has three primary stages. The first stage consists of scheduling your surgery date and preparing for surgery day. The second stage is the actual surgery itself, followed by the final recovery stage.
Preparing for Surgery
Once you decide to move forward with breast surgery, the first step will be selecting the best time to have it done. Timing is everything! You want to be sure you have adequate time for recovery, and if possible, support by a loved one or friend after surgery, and throughout your healing process. If you want to be fully recovered in time for a big event, trip, etc, this needs to be taken into consideration as well. Please let us know the details of your plans, so we can help determine how far in advance you have surgery to ensure you are fully recovered.
The day before surgery, you will receive a call from the surgery center and/or our office to confirm your arrival time, and to go over important instructions.
Prior to leaving for the surgery center, review your paperwork for a complete list of things to do, not do, and what to bring with you. Take any necessary medications. If you wear contacts, take them out and wear glasses. Wear comfortable loose clothing. Nothing that has to be pulled over your head. Button up shirts are ideal.
The breast lift timeline below outlines what to expect at every stage of your surgical journey. We have included our breast augmentation timeline in the event it is determined you are a candidate for implants only or if you choose to add implants to your breast lift.
Is Breast Surgery Right For You?
Only you know if cosmetic surgery is right for you. Hopefully, you will find comfort in knowing that breast sag and/or deflation occurs to virtually all women at some point in their lives. You should never allow shame or embarrassment get in the way of living the life you deserve.
Breasts are unique in that they represent more than just a body part. Hardwired into our brains, they also represent youth, sexuality and femininity. This makes “bra management” an unacceptable option for many women. Not because they are vain, but because their breast appearance does not align with how they feel. No matter how creative a bra may be, it doesn’t fix the problem at its root. A properly performed breast lift revitalizes the spirit far beyond what a bra could do. It restores breasts back to where they used to be or perhaps better even – bra optional.
Joseph T Cruise, MD and his staff at Cruise Plastic Surgery individually consult with each patient in their Orange County office to determine what her specific concerns are with her breasts, and which breast lift procedure will provide the best outcome.
Change in breast positioning often causes women to be unhappy with their breasts. As women notice their breasts sagging and losing their shape and perkiness, they may speak with friends who have undergone cosmetic surgery to find out about their breast lift surgery experience and how they feel about their breasts after surgery. Joseph T Cruise, MD and the staff at Cruise Plastic Surgery consider the social support of other women vital to patients’ understanding and experience with breast lift and other surgery, so they encourage outreach to their own patients, as well as those on RealSelf.com
Breast Lift Before and After Pictures
Breast Lift Video Testimonials
I Can Wear Anything Now!
Sexier Breasts After Surgery
Psychological Benefits of Breast Lift
I Love My New Breasts
Uncomfortable Triple D Breasts
Post-Surgery Breast Lift w/ Augmentation
Psychological benefits of Breast-Lift
- Improved self confidence. Feeling sexier and confident radiates a positive energy which affects every aspect of one’s life. From relationships with husbands, children, and friends, to how you present yourself at work and in public.
- Improved mood. Deflated, saggy breasts has a tremendous impact on a woman’s psyche. In a way, it deflates ones mood as well. Regaining perky, youthful breasts routinely restores ones mood and outlook beyond what can be explained by physical changes.
- Enhanced self-image. Breasts are often considered the focus of female sensuality. Simply put, youthful, sexy breasts makes you feel sexy with all the positive feelings and feel-good neurotransmitters that go with it.
From the moment I walked into the office everyone there greeted me with a warm welcome. And since the surgery I love when I have my checkups because I get to see all the staff and have a blast talking with them!
Joseph T Cruise, MD is so down to earth and honest with me. He gave me exactly what I had in mind. I am so happy with my breast augmentation and so glad I choose him
Even though it has been several years since my breast augmentation it is still fun to buy new tops, dresses and lingerie because I have curves in all the right places. Thanks to Joseph T Cruise, MD's good eye and judgment...I am just the perfect size. I can still look professional in a business suit or I can look sexy in a clingy low cut dress.
I love the way my breasts feel! One of my biggest concerns was how my breasts would feel after having surgery. I had very little breast tissue to start and I thought implants would make them feel unnatural. I don't know what Joseph T Cruise, MD does but they feel so natural! And, my boyfriend loves them too!