About Joseph T. Cruise, M.D.
Dr. Cruise is a fully trained, Board Certified, Plastic Surgeon who has performed plastic surgery for over 15 years. He has dedicated his life to the art of cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic surgery is his passion and this becomes obvious when you consult with him. He fully understands the needs of his patients because he understands how powerful quality plastic surgery can be in enhancing one's life.
Born Feb 3, 1965, Dr. Cruise grew up in the midwest city of St. Clair Shores, MI. From the time he graduated Valedictorian from Lakeview High School, he set his mind to becoming a Plastic Surgeon. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Wayne State University in Michigan and then graduated in the upper class of his medical school also at Wayne State University. He then began his extensive training in General Surgery, Hand Surgery, Microvascular Surgery as well as Plastic Surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is his primary focus but he also has dedicated considerable time as a burn surgeon at the Grossman Burn Center at Western Medical Hospital reconstructing disfigured burn victims. Restoring human form to faces devastated by burns has given him experience that could not be obtained elsewhere as well as an appreciation for all the subtleties that make a human face and body what they are.
Dr. Cruise utilizes the very latest in plastic surgery techniques and equipment. Depending on the procedure, 3D computer imaging is often used to help patients visualize what they can expect as a result of their surgery. The use of computer imaging is very helpful to demonstrate what is and what is not possible. This is especially true in rhinoplasty. The most important thing is to be honest. This may mean telling a patient that what they want is simply not possible. Patient trust is paramount.
Reputation for Plastic Surgery Excellence
- His practice is solely dedicated to cosmetic surgical procedures
- Known for his complete muscle coverage breast augmentation
- Uses advances surgical techniques for his breast lifts, tummy tucks, nipple repositioning, and belly button re-creation.
- Regarded as one of the top gynecomastia surgeons in the world
- Member of the prestigious Rhinoplasty Society
- Developed the Cruise Classification System
- Large gallery of before & after photos
Dr. Cruise is a an active member of the following societies:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeon's (exclusive group of board certified plastic surgeons)
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (select group of board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in cosmetic surgery of face and body)
- The Rhinoplasty Society (very exclusive society of surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty surgery throughout the world)
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons (this local society stresses safety, excellence and integrity)