Post Surgery Visits
Post Operative Follow up Visits
The first day after your surgery, you will have your follow up appointment with Joseph T Cruise, MD at our office. This visit will not only allow us to monitor your recovery, but it will also help educate you on the recovery process. During this visit, we will give you detailed instructions on how to care for yourself after surgery and answer any questions you may have. The following steps are typically followed during this visit:
- Joseph T Cruise, MD will examine the area(s) surgery was performed to ensure proper healing.
- Joseph T Cruise, MD will change dressings covering your incisions
- We will help you fit your compression garment and instruct you on the proper amount of pressure required for optimal healing. During this time, we may also instruct you on where to purchase additional garments as needed.
- We will provide you with your post operative surgical kit, containing supplies you may need during your recovery. We will also instruct you on how and when to use each item.
- We will answer all your questions regarding your recovery and healing during your follow up visit.
- Aura will provide your transportation back to your room, or we will help you arrange transportation back to your hotel.
- Future post operative visits will be arranged according to your needs and healing time.
- Please keep in mind, you may call us anytime during your stay with questions or concerns. Remember, no question is too small or insignificant… we want you to feel comfortable and secure throughout your recovery.