Possible Blepharoplasty Complications
- Lower Eyelid Surgery Overview
- Mid Face Rejuvenation
- Are You a Good Blepharoplasty Candidate?
- What Do You Want to Change?
- Benefits of Lower Eyelid Surgery
- Joseph T Cruise, MD’s Blepharoplasty Philosophy
- Consultation and Physical Exam
- Prior to Lower Eyelid Surgery
- Blepharoplasty Anesthesia
- After Lower Eyelid Surgery
- Recovery from Lower Eyelid Surgery
- Possible Blepharoplasty Complications
- Blepharoplasty Cost and Financing
- Lower Eyelid Surgery Words to Know
- Lower Eyelid Surgery Before and After Pictures
The most common complication from lower blepharoplasty is an inadequate correction of the problem. If this is the case, correction can usually be made with a minor additional procedure. Other complications include ectropion, or downward pulling of the lower lid, asymmetry, and dryness of the eyes. Complications that can occur with any surgery include infection, blood or fluid collection, and unfavorable scarring.