Breast Lift Prior To Surgery
Prior to Breast Lift Surgery
The information below is specific to Cruise Plastic Surgery. These guidelines are provided as a resource of information, however if Joseph T Cruise, MD is not performing your surgery, please follow your plastic surgeon's instructions.
- Avoid sunbathing for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Quit smoking at least 6 weeks prior to surgery as nicotine can impair and delay healing. If you need help in quitting, Dr.Cruise can prescribe medication that works quite well. This needs to be started at least 8 weeks prior to surgery.
- Stop all aspirin containing products, medications that contains blood thinners (Motrin, Advil etc.) vitamin E and herbal supplements 2 weeks prior to surgery. You can take 1 multivitamin a day.
- Let the doctor know of all medications taken daily.
- Make sure all requested labs, mammogram and doctors clearance are delivered to Joseph T Cruise, MD's office on time.
- Prepare your bed. Ideally, your bed should on ground level. Get a step stool if your bed is high. Have extra pillows available so that you can sleep at 45 degree angle first 3-4 days.
- Arrange for someone to help take care of your younger children for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Arrange for someone to do house work for first 4-6 weeks.
THINGS TO PURCHASE BEFORE BREAST LIFT SURGERY
- Medications. You will receive a prescription at your pre-operative appointment.
- Sports Bra with no underwire. For breast lifts only. Purchase from makemeheal.com. Product ID 10033. Should be gently compressive.
- Gauze. Make sure to have a box of 4x4 gauze. You can purchase this at drug store.
- Shower chair. Purchase a shower chair to help with your first few showers.
1. Arnica - available in Joseph T Cruise, MD's office - may decrease bruising, or help it to go away faster.
THE DAY OF SURGERY
- Do not eat anything for 8 hours and drink for 6 before surgery.
- You may shower and shampoo your hair the night before or morning of your surgery.
- You may brush and rinse your teeth, but do not eat or drink anything. Do not wear makeup or moisturizers on your face or eyes.
- Do not bring any jewelry or valuables with you on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, preferably button up or zipped up top. Wear flat, comfortable shoes. Remove contact lenses, dentures and nipple rings before surgery.
- Someone must drive you home and stay with you the first night.
- Take 2 pills of Zofran and 2 pills of Celebrex at 1-2 hours before surgery.
Breast Lift / Mastopexy Information Resource for Southern California including Orange County, Newport Beach, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Beverly Hills.