Upper Eyelid Surgery Prior To Surgery
Prior to Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Upper Eyelid Surgery Overview
- Upper Face Rejuvenation
- Are You a Good Blepharoplasty Candidate?
- What Do You Want to Change?
- Benefits of Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Dr. Cruise’s Blepharoplasty Philosophy
- Consultation and Physical Exam
- Prior to Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Blepharoplasty Anesthesia
- After Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Recovery from Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Possible Blepharoplasty Complications
- Blepharoplasty Cost and Financing
- Upper Eyelid Surgery Words to Know
- Upper Eyelid Surgery Before and After Pictures
BEFORE UPPER BLEPHAROPLASTY SURGERY
- Avoid sunbathing for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Quit smoking at least 6 weeks prior to surgery as nicotine can impair and delay healing. If this is a problem be sure to alert Dr. Cruise.
- Stop all aspirin containing products, medications that contain blood thinners (Motrin, Advil etc.) vitamin E and herbal supplements 2 weeks prior to surgery. You can take 1 multivitamin a day.
- Make sure all requested labs and doctor's clearance are delivered to Dr. Cruise's office on time.
THINGS TO PURCHASE BEFORE SURGERY
- ScarLess®. ScarLess® is a prescription strength cream with vitamin E, silicone and Hydrocortisone to help minimize redness and elevation of the scars. You can purchase ScarLess® at our office.
- Gauze. Make sure to have a box of 4x4 gauze. You can purchase at drug store.
- Hydrocortisone Cream 1% - over the counter at any drug store.
- Arnica - www.alpinepharm.com (888) 746-3224 - may decrease bruising, or help it to go away faster. Patients with high blood pressure should not take this herb.
DAY OF SURGERY - under local anesthesia
- Don't eat or drink anything for 2 hours before procedure.
- Shower and shampoo your hair dry, if possible pull it back into a pony tail.
- Cleanse your face. Do not wear makeup or moisturizers on your face or eyes.
- Do not bring any jewelry or valuables with you on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Wear flat, comfortable shoes. Remove contact lenses, dentures and all jewelry.
- Someone must drive you home and stay with you the first night.
- Take 1 Xanax and 2 pills of antibiotic 2 hours before. Bring the rest with you.
- Arrive half hour prior to your scheduled surgery time.