Upper Eyelid Surgery Possible Complications
Possible Blepharoplasty Complications
- Upper Eyelid Surgery Overview
- Upper Face Rejuvenation
- Are You a Good Blepharoplasty Candidate?
- What Do You Want to Change?
- Benefits of Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Dr. Cruise’s Blepharoplasty Philosophy
- Consultation and Physical Exam
- Prior to Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Blepharoplasty Anesthesia
- After Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Recovery from Upper Eyelid Surgery
- Possible Blepharoplasty Complications
- Blepharoplasty Cost and Financing
- Upper Eyelid Surgery Words to Know
- Upper Eyelid Surgery Before and After Pictures
The most common complication from upper blepharoplasty is inadequate correction of the problem or asymmetry. If this is the case, correction can usually be made with a minor additional procedure. One must understand that complete symmetry is not possible. Nobody is completely symmetrical. Sometimes, the underlying bony structure is so different from one side to the other that symmetry can not be achieved.
Complications that can occur with any surgery include infection, blood or fluid collection, and unfavorable scarring.