Prior To Surgery
Prior to Neck Lift Surgery
- Avoid sunbathing for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Quit smoking at least 6 weeks prior to surgery as nicotine can impair and delay healing. If this is a problem be sure to alert Joseph T Cruise, MD.
- Stop all aspirin containing products, medications that contain blood thinners (Motrin, Advil etc.) vitamin E and herbal supplements
- 2 weeks prior to surgery. You can take 1 multivitamin a day.
- Make sure all requested labs and doctor's clearance are delivered to Joseph T Cruise, MD's office on time.
- If you color your hair it is recommended to do that just prior to surgery as you will not be able to color your hair until 4 weeks after your operation.
THINGS TO PURCHASE BEFORE SURGERY
- Garment- will be provided at first post-op visit.
- ScarLess®. ScarLess® is a prescription strength cream with vitamin E, silicone and Hydrocortisone to help minimize redness and elevation of the scars. You can purchase ScarLess® at our office.
- Gauze. Make sure to have a box of 4x4 gauze. You can purchase at drug store.
- Hydrocortisone Cream 1% - over the counter at any drug store.
1. Arnica - may decrease bruising, or help it to go away faster. Patients with high blood pressure should not take this herb. Available at Joseph T Cruise, MD's office.
DAY OF NECK LIFT SURGERY
- Do note eat anything for 8 hours and drink for 6 hours before surgery.
- You may brush and rinse your teeth, but do not eat or drink anything.
- Shower and shampoo your hair dry, if possible pull it back into a pony tail.
- Cleanse your face and especially your ears. Do not wear makeup or moisturizers on your face or eyes. Men should shave their face.
Do not bring any jewelry or valuables with you on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Wear flat, comfortable shoes. Remove contact lenses, dentures and all jewelry.
Someone must drive you home and stay with you the first night.
- Take 2 pills of Xanex and 2 pills of Celebrex at 1-2 hours before your surgery.
- Bring all your prescribed medications to the surgery center if you are staying over night.
- Arrive 1-1.5 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time as instructed at your pre-op.