Brow Lift Prior To Surgery
Prior to Brow or Temple Lift Surgery
- Avoid sunbathing for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Quit smoking at least 6 weeks prior to surgery as nicotine can impair and delay healing. If this is a problem be sure to alert Joseph T Cruise, MD.
- Stop all aspirin containing products, medications that contain blood thinners (Motrin, Advil etc.) vitamin E and herbal supplements 2 weeks prior to surgery. You can take 1 multivitamin a day.
- Make sure all requested labs and doctor's clearance are delivered to Joseph T Cruise, MD's office on time.
THINGS TO PURCHASE PRIOR TO SURGERY
- ScarLess®. ScarLess® is a prescription strength cream with vitamin E, silicone and Hydrocortisone to help minimize redness and elevation of the scars. You can purchase ScarLess® at our office.
- Gauze. Make sure to have a box of 4x4 gauze. You can purchase at drug store.
- Hydrocortisone Cream 1% - over the counter at any drug store.
Arnica - www.alpinepharm.com (888) 746-3224 - may decrease bruising, or help it go away faster. Patients with high blood pressure should not take this herb.
DAY OF BROW LIFT SURGERY - under local anesthesia
- Don't eat or drink anything 2 hours before your procedure.
- Shower and shampoo your hair and dry, if possible pull it back into a pony tail.
- Cleanse your face. Do not wear makeup or moisturizers on your face or eyes.
- Do not bring any jewelry or valuables with you on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Wear flat, comfortable shoes. Remove contact lenses, dentures and all jewelry.
- Someone must drive you home and stay with you the first night.
- Take 1 Xanax and 2 pills of antibiotic 2 hours before. Bring the rest with you.
- Arrive half hour prior to your scheduled surgery time.