About the Surgery Center Operating Facility
When considering plastic surgery nothing is more important than your safety. For this reason Dr. Cruise performs all of his procedures at the highest accredited surgical facility: Newport Beach Center for Surgery in Fashion Island, Newport Beach. The NBCS has been established and accredited in 2002. This can be verified at www.aaahc.org.
Loved ones who bring you to surgery can either wait in the comfortable waiting area or go across the street to shop at a beatiful Fasion Island. When the patient is ready for pick up we would give them a call.
Planning Your Surgery
The ambulatory surgery center offers the following guidelines for a pleasant and safe stay. The following information is recommended for the safety and protection of our patients.
- Make Transportation arrangements to and from the Center. Arrange for an adult to be with you for the first 24 Hours after your surgery.
- Notify your surgeon if you should develop changes in your health status prior to surgery (cough, fever, sore throat, flu symptoms).
- After midnight, the day before the procedure, do not have anything to drink or eat (even water), unless instructed by your physician or anesthesiologist. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
Arrangements for your arrival
- Dr. Cruise’s office and/or anesthesiologist will call you the day before your surgery to answer any questions.
- Arrive at the Center one to one and half hour (as instructed at your pre-op) prior to your scheduled surgery.
- Bathe at home. Do not apply cosmetics, lotions, creams or powders to your skin.
- Remove contact lenses, cosmetics and jewelry.
- Dentures should be worn but may be removed in the operating room.
- Your clothes should be loose-fitting and buttoned in front rather than pulled over the head.
The day of surgery
A member of our staff will greet you and guide you through your admitting forms. Please bring your I. D. and Medical insurance card. Don't forget your glasses.
- Bring a list of current Medications.
- A staff member will admit you and assist you to the pre-op room. A nurse will direct you to your private dressing room, and you will be given a gown, booties and cap to wear.
- The nurse will direct you to your bed where your blood pressure and temperature will be taken. Then, you will rest awaiting surgery. Any unanswered questions you might have will be addressed.
- After surgery, you will be moved to our recover room. Recovery time varies with each patient and the type of procedure performed.
- Home care instructions will be given to you and your caregiver verbally and in writing.
The staff at Newport Beach Center for Surgery is dedicated to each patient, assuring a comfortable and pleasant day.
The Newport Beach Center for Surgery was designed to provide comprehensive contemporary out-patient surgical services including:
- Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- Orthopedic and Podiatric Surgery
Patients will be treated to a place of beauty offering a private, self-contained facility featuring modern, state-of-the-art operating rooms equipped with the latest surgical instrumentation.
Newport Beach Center for Surgery is Medicare Accredited.
For the convenience of our patients, we offer overnight rooms where patients experience a place of quiet serenity with round the clock staff attendance.