After Brow Lift
- Brow Lift Overview
- Are You a Good Candidate for Brow Lift?
- What Do You Want to Change?
- Brow Lift Procedures
- Benefits of Brow Lift
- Dr. Cruise’s Brow Lift Philosophy
- Brow Lift Consultation and Physical Exam
- Prior to Brow Lift
- Brow Lift Anesthesia
- After Brow Lift
- Recovery from Brow Lift
- Possible Complications
- Brow Lift Cost and Financing
- Brow Lift Before and After Pictures
- Brow Lift Word to Know
The procedure itself will take about 1 to 1.5 hours but may take longer if other procedures are also being done.
- Listen to your body. If you are tired, rest. Discomfort during recovery is often a sign of overexertion.
- Rest and sleep in a reclined position at approximately 45 degrees. Use ice packs, frozen finely broken up peas or corn constantly for at least the first 3 days, 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off. Do not put ice directly onto skin because you will have decreased sensitivity.
- Avoid direct exposure of incision to sunlight for at least 6 weeks, apply sunscreen (at least SPF 15) to the area of the incision if you will be in the sun for extended periods of time.
- Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Do not use aspirin-containing products for at least 1 week. You may take Tylenol or pain medication as prescribed.
- Do not apply any cosmetics for the first 5 days. The day after surgery start applying hydrocortisone 1% to swollen area for 1 week twice a day.
- Do not put any ointments or creams on incision lines unless instructed by Dr. Cruise. You should start applying ScarLess® on your incisions seven days after surgery. ScarLess® is a prescription strength cream with vitamin E, silicone and Hydrocortisone to help minimize redness and elevation of the scars. You can purchase ScarLess® at our office.
- Do not do any strenuous aerobic activity for 4 weeks after surgery.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS YOU RECOVER
- Immediately after brow lift surgery, some patients feel groggy or nauseous. These feelings normally subside by the next day.
- Post surgical swelling may temporarily cause the look of unevenness, skin changes, hard spots, and ridges.
- Most bruising will fade after the second week. After the first week much of the remaining discoloration can be concealed with a cream-based cosmetic.
- Most stitches will dissolve within 7 days.
- Pink scars will eventually fade to an unnoticeable color.
- Your healing incision lines may itch a little. Avoid scratching them. Apply hydrocortisone.
- Remember not to put ice or anything hot directly onto skin because you may have decreased awareness of temperature damage.
WHEN TO CALL US
Post surgical complications are rare and are often easily solved by the doctor if you notify us. Call us if you experience any of the following: a temperature of 101 or higher, increased local redness or warmth, chest pain, shortness of breath, legs swelling, calf pain or if you feel that anything might be wrong. Please call the office@ 949-644-4808 within regular business hours, or page Dr. Cruise after business hours @ 714-304-8050.
POST-OP VISITS AND CARE SUMMARY
Joseph T. Cruise M.D. has earned the reputation as one of the top Newport Beach plastic surgeons specializing in cosmetic surgery. Cruise Plastic Surgery provides procedures such as breast augmentation, facelift, gynecomastia, tummy tuck and other cosmetic surgeries. Patients often begin with a search for ‘Orange County Facelift’ or ‘Breast Augmentation Newport Beach’, then come to our office for a consultation, and ultimately benefit from one of Orange County’s best plastic surgeon specialists. Dr. Cruise’s patients come from Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Irvine, California, as well as around the world to our top plastic surgery center for breast implants as well as rhinoplasty (nose surgery), liposuction, or neck lift surgery. Our goal is to offer the best quality plastic surgery in Orange County with affordable cost options.